Industrial and Transportation Revolution
Web quest- Questions
1. Explain the 3 main parts of Henry Clay’s
2. Identify the invention that boosted the production
of cotton and describe why it boosted production.
3. Who created the invention above (#2) and how did
it affect slavery?
4. Discuss why the railroads often stimulated other
industries such as iron or coal.
5. Distinguish the advantages and disadvantages of
steamboats and river travel.
6. When and where was the Transcontinental Railroad
7. How did the Industrial Revolution begin in America?
8. List two geographical modifications of the landscape
that humans did while making the transcontinental railroad.
9. What two groups of immigrants were used to create
the transcontinental railroad?
10. Name and describe the 2 types of roads that were
built during the early 1800’s to make traveling easier.
11. What slowed down the western movement in 1812?
12. Compare the advantages canals offered over other
methods of transportation.
13. Explain how the four time zones of the world
14. Examine the affects of the train industry on
the lives of many Americans.
15. Show how interchangeable parts benefit the industrial
16. Describe how steamboats made transporting goods
17. Tell why it was important to make a steamboat
with a powerful engine.
18. The _____
______ connected Lake Erie to the Hudson River.
19. Summarize the three most important effects the
Industrial Revolution had on America.
20. What are some of the things that might have happened if the transcontinental railroad
of America were never created?