Industrial and Transportation Revolution
Web quest- Questions
1. Explain the 3 main parts of Henry Clay’s
2. Identify the invention that boosted the
production of cotton and describe why it boosted production.
3. Who created the invention above (#2) and
how did it affect slavery?
4. Discuss why the railroads often stimulated
other industries such as iron or coal.
5. Distinguish the advantages and disadvantages
of steamboats and river travel.
6. When and where was the Transcontinental
7. How did the Industrial Revolution begin
8. List two geographical modifications of
the landscape that humans did while making the transcontinental railroad.
9. What two groups of immigrants were used
to create the transcontinental railroad?
10. Name and describe the 2 types of
roads that were built during the early 1800’s to make traveling easier.
11. What slowed down the western movement
12. Compare the advantages canals offered
over other methods of transportation.
13. Explain how the four time zones of the
world were created.
14. Examine the affects of the train industry
on the lives of many Americans.
15. Show how interchangeable parts benefit
the industrial revolution.
16. Describe how steamboats made transporting
17. Tell why it was important to make a steamboat
with a powerful engine.
18. The _____
______ connected Lake Erie to the Hudson River.
19. Summarize the three most important effects
the Industrial Revolution had on America.
20. What are some of the things that might have happened if the transcontinental railroad
of America were never created?